Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Thousand Splendid Suns


This is Khaled Hosseini's second novel (his first was The Kite Runner). The story spans 30 years and tells of two women in Afghanistan and how their lives become intertwined. It's an easy read in the sense that the story moves along quickly. It's a difficult read in some parts because of the graphic scenes of domestic abuse. There really is everything in this story: revenge, love, tragedy, friendship, redemption. I recommend that you read this book. If you haven't read The Kite Runner yet, read that one too.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I've been looking at this one, but hadn't commited to getting it because I wasn't really sure if I'd like it. I'm reading "East Of Eden" now (thanks for holding it for me). Maybe this one will be next.

Elaine said...

This book was great, but I recommend borrowing it from someone/the library or waiting to buy it in paperback. I borrowed it from a friend, but I don't think I need to have it in my personal library.