Friday, December 28, 2007

An email from the author of Kimchi & Calamari

I enjoyed reading Kimchi & Calamari so much yesterday that I wrote the author, Rose Kent, an email via her website (http://www.rosekent.com/) and she wrote back today! Below is her email to me. (In the form, it asked for my favorite food and I wrote: "Lemonade and Cheez-its, but not together!")

Hello Elaine,

Your email made my day. Thanks so much for writing and sharing a little about yourself. I wrote KIMCHI & CALAMARI because I truly believe there are so many "sandwiches" walking around. Some are ethnic, some are due to interests, different friend groups, etc. Iwanted kids to see a character wrestling with this but who wasn't a "problem" in and of himself.

How terrific that you check out children's books! I'm biased but I think there are many out there that speak to all people.

Thanks again for writing Elaine, and best to you in Sunnyvale. I will add your email address to my list, if you like, and let you know when my next book comes out. And feel free to recommend KIMCHI & CALAMARI to any kids who might be interested. As a new author, that's really the best way books get read.

Warmly,
Rose Kent

ps Lemonade and Cheez-Its rock. (Together might not be bad either!)

No comments: