Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chocolat by Joanne Harris

Vianne Rocher and her daughter, Anouk, move to the little French town of Lansquenet and open up a chocolate shop. They are welcomed by some and shunned by others. As villagers begin indulging in the sweets and hot cocoas of Vianne's shop, we learn of their secrets and problems. There is change in the air, and the town is never the same.

This book was magical and whimsical, but I considered it just average. It wasn't so bad that I didn't finish it, but not so good either that I want to rave about it. It was okay. I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard that it is better than the book. Can anyone confirm that for me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't say I've read the book, so it might be difficult to compare. But I did enjoy the movie. It's not my absolute favorite (Will Ferrell's "Stranger Than Fiction" is still one of my fav movies but that's another subject), but it was fun and enjoyable. I have the DVD if you ever want to borrow it. :)