Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

I'm gonna make this review short since I have four papers due in the next several weeks. Hum, but I somehow found time to start and finish this book so maybe I'm not really feeling the pressure yet.

This book is about 14-year-old Susie Salmon who is murdered by a neighbor. She narrates the book from heaven as she watches how her family and friends deal with their grief.

I found this book to be quite odd. It was definitely a page-turner, but the ending was super weird! My older sister warned me about that so I was prepared. Overall, the book was pretty good, but still, there was something weird about it. This is not a book that I would keep in my library and not one that I would buy. If you have the chance to read it, I would, but I'm warning you that it's weird!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I picked this book up awhile ago and never went past the first couple chapters. It was too weird and creepy for me.

Sandra said...

I felt the same way!

Emily Gee-Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Gee-Clark said...

The ending is kind of like the ending of "Like Water for Chocolate." You are like, what the $&@!?