Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen




As my faithful readers know, I'm a fan of Sarah Dessen. But, if you remember from her last book I reviewed here, I thought that her books were becoming formulaic.

This one is her latest, and I was still excited to read it. The main character is Mclean whose parents just divorced and she's been moving from place to place with her dad because of his job, reinventing herself in each new city. She finally lets herself settle down, make friends, and find out who she really is.

This was fun to read, and it does deviate slightly from the Dessen formula, but it was still too much like her other books (which, especially when I picked up my first Dessen book, I loved). I ask yet again: please bring us something new next time, Ms. Dessen.

No comments: