Monday, April 29, 2013

Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant by Anne Tyler

When I pick up an Anne Tyler book, I know that I am in for a solidly good read. She writes about ordinary lives and families with such detail, precision, clarity that it makes me think, "I know that look or that silence, etc." She writes about lives and relationships that are broken but have moments of hope, and conversations between family members where there is such connection and oftentimes disconnection.

This book of hers is no different. It's about the Tull family. There's the mom and three kids. The father left, and Pearl, the mom, never talks about it. The kids grow up, Pearl grows older.

It actually took me awhile to get into this book, but once I did, I finished it quickly.

Give Anne Tyler a chance if you haven't already.

No comments: