Monday, October 14, 2013

Carry On, Warrior: Thoughts on Life Unarmed by Glennon Doyle Melton


"...we don't love people and animals because we will have them forever; we love them because loving them changes us, makes us better, healthier, kinder, realer. Loving people and animals makes us stronger in the right ways and weaker in the right ways. Even if animals and people leave, even if they die, they leave us better." --Glennon Doyle Melton

Melton writes the blog www.momastery.com I heard about her book through another blog that I read, The Messy Middle. Melton has a history of alcohol, drug, and food addictions. She's now a mom of three and a writer. She writes about her past, her recovery, struggles, and moments of triumph. Life is messy, and Melton isn't afraid to write about it.

This seems like a book that would really speak to me if I had read it at exactly the right time. But I don't think that exact time was right now. I enjoyed her essays, but it was not a life-changing read which I think it could be for some people at the right time.

No comments: