Thursday, January 2, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I first heard about this book from a neighbor. I looked it up at the library, flipped through it, and saw some spooky black and white photos of strange children. I didn't check it out.

I later told my neighbor that it looked too spooky, but she encouraged me to give it a try. So I did. Once I did start reading it, it was actually not too spooky and quite entertaining.

Jacob is determined to get to the bottom of the mystery surrounding his late grandfather's death and his last words. To that end, he travels to a remote Welsh island and encounters Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

I found this to be fun and imaginative. Somewhat sci-fi, kinda young adult, but a solid story. The pictures were actually kinda neat and only a little-medium spooky.

Thanks to Rebecca for encouraging me to read it!

No comments: