Monday, July 7, 2014

And The Dark Sacred Night by Julia Glass

The only books in personal library at home are ones that I know that I'll re-read again and again. Julia Glass' first book, Three Junes, is one of them. And The Dark Sacred Night is a different story but with some of the same characters that were introduced in Three Junes.

Kit Noonan is an unemployed father of two who sets out to find his biological father. The story takes us from New Jersey to Vermont to Cape Cod and brings in characters that are rich and complicated.

I loved it! So human, real, and heartbreaking. I've complained lately about some books being too long, but this one at 379 pages was just right and I savored each word and page. This was one of those books that I wish could have just kept going.

If you're looking for good summer read, check this one out. Or maybe start with Three Junes and then check this one out!

No comments: