Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tell me what you reread...


"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread." --Francois Mauriac

I have a neat-o headboard that is a bookshelf too. Most of my favorite books are kept here so that they are not very far away. Below is a list of the books that I re-read. I wonder what they say about me.
Care to share with me the books that you re-read?

Books that I re-read
Books that I try to read at least once a year:
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
Finding Contentment: When Momentary Happiness Just Isn't Enough by Neil Clark Warren
Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
Books that I read when I need to remember Truth about Life:
The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge
Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by Stasi and John Eldredge
My favorite fiction:
Harry Potter (all of them! well, #4 is my favorite) by J.K Rowling
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
The Gift of Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien


3 comments:

Sandra said...

I love to re-read The Sacred Romance and Tuesday's with Morie. Whatever it says about you it must say about me as well. :)

Emily Gee-Clark said...

I've only ever reread (successfully) a few books. They are Cloud Chamber by Michael Dorris and House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. Also Richard Foster's books: Prayer and Celebration of Discipline. And Knowing God by JI Packer.

Anonymous said...

ditto richard foster and packer books mentioned above (esp foster's prayer book!!) =D