Saturday, December 27, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

I was wondering what all of the hype was about regarding the Twilight series so I picked the first one up at the library.

Actually, I had to place a Hold on it and wait several weeks until it was available.

Now it seems fitting to make a plug for the local library. You can really find any book you want there even if it means waiting a bit or ordering it through the LINK+ system which connects lots of local and academic libraries in California. So get a library card or dig it out from your wallet and visit your library. It's really amazing. Plus, on winter days, it's warm inside and on hot days, it's cold!


Okay, back to the review. Once I had received an email saying this book was ready for pick-up, I checked it out and read it in two days. It's about Bella who moves to rainy Forks, Washington from sunny Phoenix, Arizona and falls in love with a vampire! And then we hear all about this family of vampires. Interesting, but also pretty two-dimensional and straightforward.

I can see what the hype is about...this one was definitely a page-turner. I've even placed Holds on the remaining three books in the series and am looking forward to reading them. But besides being a page-turner, there's not much else to say. Enjoyable, but it did not offer anything that complicated or deep, nor did it fascinate me in the same way that Harry Potter and the wizarding world of Hogwarts does.

1 comment:

Emily Gee-Clark said...

the library is warm on winter days, but sometimes there is a funny smell...