Monday, December 29, 2008

My Top Picks for 2008

In 2008, I read a total of 67 books for fun! And there's still a couple of days left to 2008 and some half-finished books on my bed, so maybe I'll finish a couple more. Or maybe not. I'm working on a video game that Boomer gave me for Christmas too. Heheh.

Here are my three top picks for 2008 by category. (Click on the title to read my review.)

Book that touched my heart the most- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo

Book that inspired me spiritually- Sleeping with Bread: Holding What Gives You Life

Most enthralling reading experience- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Happy new year! I hope that 2009 brings much joy, growth, and good books to read!

P.S. If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd like to hear which books were your favorites in 2008.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most memorable ones were "Kite Runner" and "Secret Life of Bees". "Kite Runner" (to me) was the best. I also read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" but did not enjoy it as much as "Kite Runner", because I had some hang ups about the storyline and character development.

Elaine said...

I also enjoyed "Kite Runner" more than "A Thousand Splendid Suns." It was more raw, gutsy, and heart-wrenching. "Secret Life of Bees" was a quick read too, some of the Mary rituals at the end were weird though.

Emily Gee-Clark said...

my favorite reads this year: Poisonwood Bible and No Country for Old Men. Both have a theme of grace being extended after a lifetime of mistakes and self-judgment.

Emily Gee-Clark said...

Have I mentioned the author of Kite Runner was my doctor at Mountain View Kaiser's weekend clinic? He prescribed antibiotics for me...

Sandra said...

I think I only red pregnancy related books this year. How did that happen? My favorite of those was "The Spirit of Pregnancy".