Thursday, February 12, 2009

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Here we are at the third installment of the Twilight series. Bella is not a vampire yet, but she is still a one-dimensional not-so-bright girl who mutters a lot. I don't find any appeal in either of her love interests either. The vampire seems competent but rather dull. And the werewolf is angry and smelly.

Why do I keep reading? I am trying to figure that out. The writing, as I've mentioned before, is quite average. I guess I want to see if Bella is stupid enough to become a vampire. My friend, Amy, commented on my last post that it'll all come together in the fourth book, so I'm counting on that and will start reading the fourth one tonight.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

These books are definitely more geared towards Erin's age group. They are a fun read though. I noticed while reading them with Erin that the concepts while simple in my mind are quite complicated in hers. I wasn't really surprised by anything as we read, but Erin was. :)