Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Hole We're In by Gabrielle Zevin



Last Friday, I was desperate for fiction. After work I knew that I only had enough energy to either go to the library or to the grocery store for food.

I chose the library.

Nothing really caught my eye so I randomly picked up some books from the New Fiction section and this book was one of them.

I read it in about two days. It's about the average (?) American family in all of its dysfunctional, debt-filled glory.

I liked this book so much - I am sitting at the library as I write this, having just found the other three books that the author has written.

Oh, and for dinner last Friday, since I chose books over fresh food, I ate frozen pizza. Loads of fiction and pizza is really not a bad combination for a Friday night.

No comments: