Monday, January 31, 2011

Rockabye: From Wild to Child by Rebecca Woolf



This book is about motherhood. The writer finds herself pregnant at age 23 and she gets married and has the baby. She writes about her transition from partying single gal to wife and mother while staying true to herself.

There was something that didn't click for me while reading this book. It was honest and interesting, but I didn't develop any kind of affinity for the writer. Maybe it's because I'm not a mom? Or maybe not, but something was missing for me.

I found this book recommendation on Notorious MLE's blog. And even though I didn't like it as much as MLE did, I appreciate the recommendation. I'm willing to give any book a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I think it's probably a Mom thing. I don't think I would have connected to this book 2 years ago either! I have another rec "Sharks Fin Soup & Sichuan Peppers" by Fuschia Dunlop. It's a culinary memoir.