Monday, February 14, 2011

About Grief: Insights, Setbacks, Grace Notes, Taboos by Ron Marasco and Brian Shuff



This is the most practical book I've ever read about grief. It doesn't take an academic approach or even a super-inspirational one. It's just a down-to-earth conversation about grief.

I could see myself giving this to someone who was grieving, and I could see that it might actually be very helpful.

I read this over the last couple of months and I'm not grieving any kind of loss right now (and in these moments, sometimes it's enough to just be thankful that most everyone close to me is healthy and here...with the awareness that that could change in a second) and I found myself savoring this book, only allowing myself to read one section at a time.

Grieving or not, this is a great book to read.

No comments: