Monday, February 14, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



The Hunger Games take place in the future. There are twelve districts in the country of Panem. Each year, two kids from each district are chosen in a lottery to participate in the Games. They are sent to the Capitol, put into an arena (that could include a forest or desert, etc.), and the last one standing wins. Yep, they have to kill each other, and it's televised. The whole country is watching.

I had last Monday off from work and I spent the day reading and finishing this book. It's the first in a trilogy and I'm on the waiting list for book #2. I really liked this book, much more than I thought I might. It was clever and reminded me of Survivor. One of my first recommendations to you in 2011.

Ps: Thanks for the recommendation, Grace!

No comments: