Wednesday, March 9, 2011

29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker



Because of her struggles with coping with multiple sclerosis, a South African healer recommends that the author, Cami Walker, give something away for the next 29 days. The giving didn't just refer to money, but to time and prayer as well. It meant being intentional and purposeful about giving each day.

Walker launched a website (www.29gifts.org) and now there's a worldwide movement of people giving each day and tracking their gifts. The goal is to have 29,000 givers and right now it's at about 14,000.

I did start thinking about what I could give each day as I read this book.

One day, I took some magazines that I had read and donated them to a waiting room that I often find myself in. Another day, I gave my cat a full tummy and ear rub. Yesterday, I gave away some homemade banana bread. Today, I mailed off a card and a packet of chili seasoning to some American friends living in China.

See, nothing big, but it is different to be thinking each day about what I can give.

No comments: