Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs

I read The Year of Living Biblically, also by A.J. Jacobs, and loved it. It was so funny.


This one, about him reading through the Encyclopedia Britannica (33,000 pages!), was not as entertaining. In fact, it was downright boring at times.

Since I check most of my books out of the library, I can tell how into a book I am by how many times I have to renew it. Some books are a breeze and no renewal is necessary. My library allows for two renewals, and I had to renew this book both times. That means it took me nine weeks to finish it.


But I haven't given up on A.J. Jacobs. His new book, Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection is coming out in April, and I'll probably read it.

No comments: