Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio

Heya! I know that I haven't been giving very glowing reviews lately, but that is how the cookie crumbles. And I do love cookies, especially peanut butter. However, I am in the process of reading some books that I think will be getting some very good reviews, so you'll have to be patient here. In the meantime, send some cookies to keep this reader going. Thanks!

Okay, so here goes another mediocre book. There are two story lines in this book. One is in May 1933 in Seattle with Vera Ray, who leaves her three-year-old son at home while she goes to work as a hotel maid and when she comes back in a freak May snowstorm, her son is missing. The other story also takes place in Seattle, but in 2010 after another freak snow storm with reporter, Claire, who is assigned a story about the snowstorm.

Like Sarah Jio's other books, there are many predictable coincidences and connections from the past to the present and everything is neatly explained by the end.

With that said, I did read the entire book in one sitting last week while I was at home on a rainy afternoon. 


No comments: