Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

This is the third book by Gillian Flynn that I've read (I think she only has three out). It was the darkest, and my favorite one.

Libby Day is seven years old when her mother and two sisters are murdered. Libby escapes, and her then 15-year-old brother, Ben, is blamed for the murders and put in prison for the rest of his life.

We catch up with Libby Day as an adult in the present day. To earn some money, she gets involved with the Kill Club, a club with members obsessed with various murders. She starts investigating the murders herself.

The book goes back and forth between the present day and the day of the murders.

Dark, creepy, twisty....and yet very enjoyable.

One word of warning: I knew that it wasn't a good idea to read this book before I went to bed. So I would just read one page or two...and then quietly push the book over onto my husband's side of the headboard shelf. It just made me feel better having that dark book further away from me at night.

No comments: