Monday, February 2, 2015

Small Victories: Spotting Improbable Moments of Grace by Anne Lamott

This is the first book that I can check off on the Modern Mrs. Darcy 2015 Reading Challenge under the category of "A book that's currently on the bestseller list."

I read all of Anne Lamott's non-fiction (I've never been able to make it through any of her fiction), so I was excited to read her newest offering.

Her last books, Stitches and Help Thanks Wow, were really short, and this one was thicker so I was looking forward to reading some new stuff. However, this is actually a collection of new essays and old essays. I enjoyed quite a few of the new ones.

It would have helped to put dates on the essays. She writes about her son, but in some of the older essays he's just a young boy, and in some of the newer ones he is a grown man and father. I think that would be confusing if I was new to Lamott's writing.

No comments: