Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Smile by Raina Telgemeier

Last week, I went in for my every-two-year orthodontist check-up. I've been going to the same orthodontist office for so long that now the orthodontist is actually my original orthodontist's son. He goes by the same last name, so that makes it easy.

This was the first time that the orthodontist's son saw me, and he asked, "How long have you had your retainer?" I said, "About twenty years???"

Anyway, if you ever had braces, you will be able to relate to this book. Well, the author's experience with braces and dental work is way more extreme than anyone I know.

Great drawings and great story about learning to be at peace with yourself and finding friends who like you just the way you are. 

PS: I picked this up from the local Little Free Library which I visit about once a week now!

No comments: