Monday, April 11, 2016

The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to be Perfect to be Beautiful by Myquillyn Smith

This book is transforming my home.

Since reading it, I've flip-flopped the dining room and family room areas in my home (Thanks to the Brother-in-Law for dropping by to help Boomer move some of the big pieces!), picked up a FREE double-wide chair and ottoman off of Next Door to add to the family room (Thanks to my dad for letting me use his truck to transport!), and brought down a dresser from the guest bedroom and put it in our front hallway (This one I did by myself!).

Myquillyn Smith is a blogger known as The Nester, but this was my first introduction to her. She writes about what makes a home and how imperfection can make a house really welcoming and relaxing to be in. She also includes some very practical tips about decorating and how to go about transforming a room into a room that you love and that serves your family well.

If you want some home decorating tips, and a whole new re-frame about how to think about your home, this is the book for you.

No comments: