Thursday, May 26, 2016

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld

I love reading Sittenfeld's books and I read her newest books as soon as I can. I put myself on the wait list at the library for Eligible even before it was published.

Eligible is a modern day retelling of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, and for this very reason, I was a bit skeptical. However, Sittenfeld does a wonderfully clever job of using the Pride and Prejudice story, characters, and themes and really "making it her own" (as they often say on that singing show, "The Voice").

Delightful, super clever, and fun. One of the most fun books I've read so far this year! :) However, there are a lot of mixed reviews out there on this one, so if you're a really big fan of Pride of Prejudice, you might want to think carefully before reading. :)

No comments: