Monday, June 6, 2016

The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own by Joshua Becker

Becker blogs at Becoming Minimalist. I've read his blog for awhile and find it quite motivating.

In his book, he defines minimalism as "the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of anything that distracts us from them" (p. 18).

Becker rehashes most of what he writes about on his blog on the benefits of owning less. Unfortunately, he doesn't really offer any practical suggestions. I found that The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo was much more practical, helpful, and inspiring.

I usually don't buy books, but I pre-ordered The More of Less because Becker was offering a deal to take his 12-week online course called Uncluttered if we pre-ordered. So I am taking the online class (we're about half way through) so we'll see how it goes. As for The More of Less book, I am going to practice decluttering and will be taking this down to my local Little Library on my next walk so that someone else can read it. 

No comments: