Thursday, July 28, 2016

Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin


I've been on a Gretchen Rubin re-reading kick, and Better Than Before may be my favorite Rubin book. I liked it the first time I read it last year. I am still a fan.

In the last year, I've implemented some of the tips she writes about and applied them to habits I wanted to create. For example, Monitoring is just keeping track of when we do a certain behavior. Our pets need their teeth brushed, and just by putting a mark on the calendar each time we brush their teeth, we have significantly increased the number of times we do it each week. (It's still not a fun chore though, but we like to have good dental hygiene in our family.)

If there are habits you'd like to create or break, I would recommend reading this book. It's motivational and practical at the same time.

No comments: