Monday, November 21, 2016

People Who Knew Me by Kim Hooper


A question I am sometimes asked is, "How do you decide what to read?" I mostly find book recommendations via blogs (Modern Mrs. Darcy), fellow bookworms (Grace, Rebecca), and bestseller lists. However, sometimes I just browse the New Book section at the library and pick up anything that catches my eye. This is how I found People Who Knew Me.

Emily married young, and finds herself pregnant while her marriage is in crisis. Then, September 11th happens and she takes the opportunity to start a brand new life for herself.

Very readable and original. However, there were some details that were left unanswered that made the story less plausible (how did she change her name? attain the proper documents to work again? social security number? etc.) so that detracted from the book.

Overall, interesting but with some holes.

No comments: