Friday, December 29, 2017

Last Post and Goodbye for Now!


Dear fellow readers,

I've been blogging here for 10+ years (I started in April 2007!) and I've written about 1,000+ books that I've read. I started this blog as a way to keep track of the books that I read, and to hopefully point you all toward some good books.

I was doing some reflecting on the last year and thinking about what I want in my life for 2018, and a very clear thing that came to my mind was that it's time to take a break from this blog. I'm still gonna keep reading (of course!!) but I'm going to track my reading via Modern Mrs. Darcy's printables and Reading Challenge.

Thank you very much for reading along with me, for your comments and recommendations, and for your time! It's been fun!

There's a possibility that I'll be back in a different format, but not sure about that. I'm gonna leave that door open for myself to decide later.

But for now, I'm gonna say Goodbye and Happy Reading to you all! Thank you!!

Warmly,
Elaine

PS: I'm linking to my two most favorite posts from the last ten years.

Ask a Librarian!

Football For Dummies

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm really sad! I have been reading this blog pretty much from the beginning. I read quite a few books (and avoided books) based on your recommendations. Thanks for all the years of sharing!

Unknown said...

Awww... a little sad. I have read and/or skipped books based on this blog. Thank you for sharing all these years!

Elaine said...

Thank you for reading, Lilian! I appreciate it. :) I might be back, just need to take a break for awhile at least. :)

Emily D. said...

Noooooooo! Who's going to warn me away from over-hyped books? Thanks for all the reviews!
I've been enjoying Goodreads as a way to track my reading. At the end of the year they make a collage of the books you've read which is fun to go through.