Monday, May 28, 2007

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom


In this book, Albom chronicles his weekly visits with Morrie Schwartz, his college mentor, who is dying. This is one book that I read every year. Last week was my reading for 2007.

Why do I read this book every year? It never fails to bring about a renewed sense of appreciation for the beauty of an ordinary day. It reminds me to step back and re-evaluate my priorities. It asks me to reflect on the person I am and who I would like to become. It makes me consider if I have any unfinished business with anyone (to say: Thank you, I forgive you, Will you forgive me?, I love you). And that is why I read this book every year.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Reading this book every years is probably the best idea I've ever heard! I read this book as 2006 ended and was so moved by it.