Monday, May 28, 2007

The man who was Thursday

It really is incredible how much time there is to read while I wait for the train or for an appointment. Or is it because trains and appointments sometimes arrive/start late? Or maybe I intentionally arrive early in order to read?

Either way, I read this G.K. Chesterton book during those waiting times over the last several weeks. The big question of this book is: who is this Thursday guy? And who are these other guys hanging out with him? There are lots of surprises and everyone turns out to be someone other than who they appear to be. The last 30 pages are particularly crazy. However, this was a dense book, full of lots of long sentences and paragraphs that made me kind of tired. I guess that's what made it a good book to read while I waited because it was okay, but only in little spurts of 5-10 minutes.

Should I give Chesterton another chance? Any recommendations for what I should try?

No comments: