Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World by Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, and Amanda Pressner



The authors were all 20-somethings living in New York City working and dating when they decided to take a year off and travel around the world together. The three of them take turns narrating their trip.

I could not distinguish between each of the women. I found myself constantly checking the bottom of the page where it listed who was writing the chapter. Neither of them had distinctive voices or personalities. If you told me that the book was written by just one person, I would believe you.

Also, the women call themselves the "lost girls." However, it seemed to me that they were pretty privileged, lucky, and had an idea of what they wanted and where they were going. Eh.

Overall, I found this book entertaining, but at some points in the 500+ page book, I did feel like I was with them for an entire year.

No comments: