Friday, December 30, 2011

My Top Ten Books of 2011

It's that time of year again! Time to think back and reflect on the best reads of the year.

Many of the books I read provided very satisfying reading experiences, and it is a challenge to narrow my list down to the Top Ten.

Most Magical Reading Experience and Most Favorite Book of 2011: The Night Circus
With very vivid descriptions, this book is an experience for the senses.

Funniest: The Year of Living Biblically
Laugh-out-loud and read-out-loud funny!

Best for My Heart: Life of the Beloved
One to read again and again.

Favorite Cooking Memoir: Beaten, Sauced, and Seared
Honest and stressful!

Most Controversial but a Very Fast Read: Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
Don't read before you go to bed because it will really wind you up!

Excellent Food for Thought: Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough
Prompted several interesting conversations with my husband, Mr. Wrong. I mean, Mr. Wong.

Best Biography and Most Inspirational: Unbroken
Crazy that it's true.

Most Effectively Written from a Dog's Perspective: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Read with your pet on your lap, and a box of tissues by your side.

Best Fiction: Mudbound
Seamless fiction, just like it should always be done.

Best Historical Fiction: Pillars of the Earth
I'm usually not that big of a fan of historical fiction, but I enjoyed this one plenty.


Thank you for reading my blog this year! I appreciate all of your comments and book recommendations. 


What were your favorite books this year? Please leave a comment and let me know so that I can check them out!












No comments: