Monday, October 10, 2011

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

STOP!! 

BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER, YOU WILL WANT TO HAVE PAPER AND PEN HANDY TO WRITE DOWN THIS TITLE SO THAT YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON A COPY OF THIS BOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!

This book had it all - magic, competition, love, whimsy. It was beautiful, clever, and enchanting. Plus, it has to be the most creative and original book I've read in years.

It's about a circus that is held only at night, appearing and disappearing at cities around the world. Within the circus, there are two rival magicians pitted against each other in a contest that neither of them really understands but have trained for their entire lives.

I have not read a book so thoroughly satisfying from beginning to end in a really long time.

I read and re-read lines and sections just to delight in the language. I could not put this book down! As I was nearing the end, I was afraid that the ending would disappoint, but it did not. 

If I haven't said enough about how much I loved this book, here's one more thing. You all know that I hardly ever buy books because I check them out from the library. Well, I'm gonna buy a copy of this book for my own personal library. Plus about five more copies for Christmas presents. I predict that this book is gonna be big, and remember that you read that here on El Estante para Libros. =D

1 comment:

NotoriousMLE said...

Duly noted. I'll remember that I heard it here first!