Friday, May 4, 2012

No Cheating, No Dying: I Had a Good Marriage. Then I Tried To Make It Better. by Elizabeth Weil


Elizabeth and her husband had two rules for their marriage: No cheating and no dying. After ten years of marriage, she starts to wonder if maybe their expectations are too low. And so begins a time of intentionally seeking ways to improve their marriage - marriage counseling, reading self-help books, seeing a sex therapist, etc.

A very interesting premise for a book, eh? But her husband comes off as not very likeable, so I didn't really care that much about them. Fortunately, it was a very, very short book.

I'm all for being intentional about taking care of your marriage, but if you're looking for a book to help you out, I recommend that you skip this book.

1 comment:

Emily Gee-Clark said...

As if you can control dying...