Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Butterfly Mosque: A Young American Woman's Journey to Love and Islam by Willow Wilson

The author grew up in Colorado with atheist parents, and moved to Boston for college where she started studying Islam. She converted to Islam and moved to Cairo to teach. In Cairo, she fell in love with Omar, an Egyptian man, and eventually married him.

For me, this was a mildly interesting book. I learned more about Egypt and Islam. But there was something about the writing and the language that made it not such a pleasant and easy read.

The author was actually in the area speaking at a local library this morning. I was thinking about going. If I had loved the book, I would had definitely gone, but since the book was just so-so for me, I didn't end up going.

No comments: