Friday, June 22, 2012

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

I am two weeks into a six-week trip around Europe. It's exciting to travel and see new things. I've seen some things and places that I've dreamed about seeing for a lot of my life.

It can also be tiring and stressful to navigate new cities and be around tourists all day.

So on Day 14, as I walked through the hotel's lobby, I was delighted to find this book left on the book exchange shelf. A light, easy read was just what I needed. It was our last day in Florence, Italy and I didn't want to carry the book with me to our next city (Venice), so I told myself, "I'm gonna read this today." Well, I almost did. I finished the last 50 pages about an hour or so before we checked out of the hotel the next morning, and I put the book back on the book exchange shelf.

It's an unoriginal, but lighthearted read. Lexi wakes up in the hospital after a car accident to find that she's forgotten the last three years of her life. She doesn't recognize herself anymore, and she has to piece together who she has become, and she doesn't really like who she's become. 

You might be thinking that it was a shame to spend my last afternoon in Florence reading a fluffy book. But that's not all I did. I also ate gelato twice....within an hour. (First, chocolate, and then banana.) I also walked up to the Michelangelo piazzale for a beautiful view of the Florence skyline. That, along with spending some time reading this fluffy book, was the perfect ending to a week in Florence.

No comments: