Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Renovation of the Heart: Putting On the Character of Christ by Dallas Willard

A pastor recommended this book in a sermon, so I checked it out. It's gonna be difficult for me to write a review of this book. Although I read the book, it's one that I'm gonna have to read again...and maybe again. It was rich and deep, and I'm certain that I didn't not understand everything in it.

This book explains discipleship as a renovation of the heart. Real, deep change takes place through inner transformation, and it's the little, intentional steps that we take that can lead us there.

Not a light read at all, but one that was challenging.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

I read that years ago. It was one of the densest books I've ever encountered. I read an interview with Willard about a year after I finished the book and he gave his summary of what he intended to say in Renovation of the Heart and it surprised me. When I read the book, I thought he was saying nearly the exact opposite.