Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett


My sister gave me this book for Christmas. I loved receiving a book as a present! Most of the books I read are either checked out from the library or bought at used book sales so I rarely ever read a brand new book.

I enjoyed reading this book AND smelling this book.When was the last time you smelled a brand new paperback book?? Speaking of the New Book smell, I'd like to thank my faithful blog readers out there who have sent me links to Paper Passion, a perfume that smells like new books!

Onto the book! A Dangerous Fortune takes place in the late 1800s and begins at England's Windfield School when a drowning takes place. The truth about the drowning will haunt a circle of friends and their families for the next three decades. Lives of all sorts of people from all different parts of society are intertwined as the truth about all sorts of things threatens to come out.

This was a very suspenseful and entertaining page-turner. It was a great book to read while I had a few days off around the holidays. Thanks, sister!

**Warning: This book contains some racy content that might be inappropriate for my younger readers out there.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

A perfume that smells like books! That is awesome! I love the smell of new books. I also get very attached to books that I like. :)