Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell



Eleanor is a high school girl with flaming red hair and a unique sense of style. Park is a 16-year-old high school boy who is  half-Korean and who likes to read comic books. This is the story of their high school romance. They each have problems at home and they both are a bit hesitant to like the other.

Ah, this was painful to read. It hit too close to those unresolved feelings I have from high school still lurking inside of me. One day, when I feel brave, I should really go and dig around there and bring some stuff out into the light.

I can only mildly recommend this book to you. I liked the premise, but some parts seemed to drag, and I think the ending was a bit too tidy and neat. I actually would have liked a more ambiguous ending.

No comments: