Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table, with Recipes by Shauna Niequist


"The heart of hospitality is about creating space for someone to feel seen and heard and loved."     --Shauna Niequist

Bread and Wine is a collection of essays about the power of food, family, friends, and community. Niequist writes that it's not about being the perfect hostess or serving impressive food. Rather, it's about creating a space and time for the messiness of life and the comfort of food to bring us all together.

This is a really beautiful book. I'm sad that I finished reading it although I tried to drag it out as long as possible.

Usually, when a book includes recipes, I don't pay so much attention to them because they don't seem that easy or the ingredient list is too long. This time was different. I bookmarked about seven of the recipes in this book. I've already baked the Blueberry Crisp twice! And I'm looking forward to trying out some of the others like Bacon-Wrapped Dates and Dark Chocolate Sea Salted Toffee and Mango Chicken Curry.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Bacon wrapped dates are wonderful!