Monday, December 29, 2014

My Favorite Books (and Recipe) of 2014

In 2014, I did not read a ton of books that I loved. I know this because as I looked over all of my book reviews from 2014, it was easy and quick to figure out my favorite books of the year. In years past, I had 10+ titles and had to whittle it down. Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles! Hopefully, 2015 will hold more books that I will love along with lots of cookies!

Thank you for reading my blog this year! I hope you found some good books to read and I hope that I steered you away from some that were not worth your time. Happy new year!

Favorite Fiction:

Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
I LOVED this book, and fell in love with June. It's one of the few books this year that I actually bought to add to my home library.









The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty 
This book had the best Epilogue that I've ever read. Really! Again, please do not be fooled by the fluffy cover. It's a good read.








The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
The most challenging thing about this book is that I was supposed to be studying but wanted to read it instead.

 

 

 

Favorite Memoir:

Motherhoodwinked: An Infertility Memoir by Anne-Marie Scully 
Why did I read this book twice this year? It was the most honest book about infertility that I've come across. 









Best Recipe I Came Across While Reading This Year:

The vinaigrette from How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are by Anne Berest, Audrey Diwan, Caroline De Maigret and Sophie Mas.

Here it is: (add in order listed!)
salt
1 part vinegar
1 part water
2 parts olive oil
pepper

No comments: