Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Way More than Luck: Commencement Speeches on Living with Bravery, Empathy, and Other Existential Skills by Various Authors

After reading J.K. Rowling's commencement speech, I wanted to read more commencement speeches. It's time to go back to school (although I am still glad that I actually am not going back to school this fall...and it's been about five years since I was in grad school), and a great time of year to look for inspiration. For example, a college friend of mine would always watch Dead Poet's Society every year before the new quarter began to motivate himself.

I was disappointed with this collection of commencement speeches. I only found one to be that great (Jonathan Safran Foer's address to the Middlebury College class of 2013). I mean, for a collection of speeches, I would think the editor would pick some better ones.

So eh, skip. But I still recommend checking of J.K. Rowling's speech!

No comments: