Monday, December 12, 2016

Podcasts about Reading

I love listening to podcasts while I am cutting vegetables or hanging out the laundry. Today, I wanted to share a couple of my favorite podcasts that are about reading.

What Should I Read Next is hosted by Anne Bogel of Modern Mrs. Darcy. She talks with folks about their favorite books along with what books they've hated. Based on that information, she recommends three books that they should read next. From this podcast, I've heard about a lot of books that were not on my radar screen. It's also helped me define more for myself what I like and what I don't. The episode with Gretchen Rubin (episode 52) and children's literature was especially noteworthy.


The Babysitter's Club Club is hosted by two friends, Jack and Tanner. They are reading through the Babysitter's Club series chronologically and each week they talk about one book. Listening to men in their 30s talk about this series that I adored when I was in the fifth and sixth grade is super amusing. They take the books very seriously and discuss the themes they see. Laugh out loud funny. But language warning here if you have sensitive ears.

No comments: