Monday, December 26, 2016

2016 Reading Round Up

Thanks for reading my blog this year! I hope I've put some fun books on your radar screen!

Again, I always appreciate your book recommendations.

I hope that you and your family have a happy holiday season. And that you have lots of good books to read. 

As I always do at the end of the year, I thought about all of the books I read this past year and my reading experiences, and here are the most notable.
 

Most Favorite Fiction of 2016:

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry

This book consumed me. Loved everything about it, except for the loss of limbs.

Most Surprising Read:

My Life in France by Julia Child
I had no idea that this book was going to be SO good. Thanks to Grace for lending me her copy for years until I finally read it. :)





Other Favorite Fiction of the Year:

One Day by David Nicholls
I read this back in 2012, and again during the summer of 2016. Loved it both times.









Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld

Love Sittenfeld's writing, and love Jane Austen. And it's set in Cincinnati. I think it's the first book I've read set in Cincinnati.

By the way, have you heard of the card game, Marrying Mr. Darcy? It's a Pride and Prejudice role playing game! Just played it with Boomer the other night and looking forward to playing it with a bigger group of people. 







The Assistants by Camille Perri

 A super-fast one day kind of read.









Book That Changed My Home: 

The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith
My house looks different after reading this book. More quirky, plus I have a picture of Abraham Lincoln in the entry way now.







Most Ambitious Reading Experience:

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
A very intense reading experience because of the subject matter and the looming library due date




No comments: