Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Airbnb Story: How Three Ordinary Guys Disrupted an Industry, Made Billions . . . and Created Plenty of Controversy by Leigh Gallagher

Have you stayed in an Airbnb yet? I've stayed in about five Airbnb rooms/houses now, and the experience has been good so far. Except for that one sticky floor when we were in Monterey. Ick. Besides that, the places have been great and super clean, and the hosts have been generous and friendly. Boomer and I check out Airbnb listings now before we think about staying at a hotel.

I was interested in how Airbnb started, so this was the perfect book to answer that question. It was an easy read for me until the last one-third of the book that talks about the legal battles that Airbnb has been involved in, so I kinda skimmed through that. 

No comments: