Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert by John Gottman and Nan Silver

Boomer and I have been married now for seven+ years, and it seems like this is just around the time when couples who also got married around the same time as us are either 1) having their second (or third) child or 2) getting divorced (with or without kids). It's been new territory to navigate how to still stay friends with the couple now split, especially when we were friends with both people.

Anyway, all of that to say that The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work was a wake-up call to pay attention to my marriage! This book is so rich with content and exercises that I don't even know where to start. I've only started working through some of the exercises and there's a lot of work to be done and lots of things to talk about. I think I'll be referring back to it in the years to come.

No comments: