Monday, July 17, 2017

Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism by Fumio Sasaki

Fumio Sasaki was depressed, stressed out, and unhappy even though he was surrounded by tons of books, camera equipment, and stuff he thought he wanted. He gets rid of most everything and finds contentment. He finds that he has more time, freedom, and less energy devoted toward comparing himself with others.

He includes 55 tips for getting rid of your stuff. He also writes about the benefits of owning less.

Super-easy to read. If you're looking for some motivation to clear some clutter in your house, you might be interested in reading this. I just finished reading this two days ago and I've already given away 30+ things. And that includes my high school yearbooks. Yes, I recycled all four of them. And let me tell you, it felt SO good.

No comments: