Monday, July 10, 2017

Thank You for Being Late: An Optimist's Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations by Thomas Friedman

My undergraduate major was Political Science, and for a bunch of my classes, reading The New York Times was recommended reading. It was so cool. As students, we could buy a subscription at a very steep discount. I got a key to the little newspaper locker on campus, and I would bike by each morning and pick it up.

It was in one of my Political Science classes that I was first introduced to Thomas Friedman's writing when we were assigned to read The Lexus and the Olive Tree.

In Thank You for Being Late, Friedman explains how our world and technology developed to where it is right now and how come it's so hard to keep up, along with what's being left behind.

I really liked this book until the last 100 pages where Friedman writes about his hometown in a memoir-like style. It was such an abrupt and disconnected turn and it felt like a different book.

No comments: