Friday, March 6, 2009

Let's read more literature.

I read this article from the National Endowment for the Arts about how fewer than half of American adults read literature. The article is based on a 2002 survey that asked 17,000 adults if they had read any novels, short stories, plays, or poetry in the last year that weren't required for work or school.

The National Endowment for the Arts also has a book list of their "Big Read" books to encourage Americans to read more literature.

As for myself, I'm going to pick up Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird. How about you?

To look at the book list, click here.

To read the article, click here.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Their Eyes Were Watching God seems like a good one to me. I think a trip to the library sounds like something to add to tomorrows list.

Elaine said...

Yay!